[clug] Screen capture tools

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Jul 3 09:28:00 GMT 2005

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 18:45 pm, Michael Still wrote:
> I'm after a better screen capture tool for X than the Gnome desktop
> snapshotty thing and I'm after recommendations. There's a tool for
> Windows called Snag-It which does things like only capturing a selected
> window, grabbing text from windows, grabbing menus and so forth.
ksnapshot can do a region, a window or the whole desktop. It can show you a
snaphot, auto-increments filenames and so on. You can capture after a
selectable interval, or on click.
It can't capture the mouse cursor, and region capture is a bit crufty, but it
is worth a look. It might be in kdegraphics, depending on how your distro
packages KDE.
If there is anything you really need it to do, let me know - I hack on it
occasionally.

Brad