[clug] Hi, and advice needed

Mark Woodward markwoodward at internode.on.net
Tue Jan 25 09:58:32 GMT 2005

Mark Woodward wrote:
> Is linux OK on a Dell? Anyone have experience with Dell?
> Being Canberra locals, are there better alternatives?

I hope you get this in time, but I have had only good experiences with my
Dell and Linux. Dell in fact ships some of their Precision workstations with
Red Hat Enterprise WS 3.0. I love the ease of installing Fedora Core or
Ubuntu (Debian-based) on Dells. :)

Hope that helps,
Avi

Hi Avi,
	I'm afraid I chickened out. It seemed like a good deal, but I'm a
bit of a procrastinator and couldn't bring myself to buying it within 2 days
of seeing the deal without hearing what others thought of Dell. Also the
compatibility issue was a concern. So I'm still on the lookout for a good
deal (having let one slip away ;-()

--
Mark