[clug] A New Users perspective on Linux

Chris Henman henman at pobox.com
Wed Apr 13 08:29:45 GMT 2005

Dear Ian,

I read your note on the CLUG list and was impressed.
You say ¨I'm sure that all the IT pro's will read and think "Dumb
B*&%$d¨ but if they do then it is they who are the ¨dumb bastards¨ -
lets not mince words.

I am an IT professional of some 30+ years standing (sitting to be
honest) and find your treaties very good.  It is really very helpful and
refreshing to get such straight-forward comments from someone who has
¨come in from the cold¨.

May I be so bold as to ask your back-ground and exposure to IT?

By the way, I had an experience similar to yours with unix some 25+
years ago, except the development was nowhere near as rapid and the
machine I was using was a DIGITAL PDP 11, 16 bit words and 64KB of core
memory. I forget the disk size but certainly no more than a 1MB - which
was huge then.

Keep trying with Linux, whatever flavour.  The concept is honourable and
  the results and experience very rewarding.

Regards,
Chris Henman

--

      Christopher Henman