[clug] DSL connection: modem or router?

Michael Carden crash at michaelcarden.net
Wed Sep 29 09:10:31 GMT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:53 pm, Dave wrote:
> In practice though, at least for me, it is
> ALWAYS the ISP at fault when I have problems connecting to my ADSL
> account.

Problems? What are these things called 'problems' of which you speak?

I'm on TransACT plus Velocitynet and the only 'problems' I've come across have
been when I have gratuitously stomped on the operation of my SmoothWall box.

Mind you, I *do* wish Velocity would keep their Debian mirror current. I mean
yes, free unmetered access is nice, but it's a bit pointless if it's months
out of date...

MC - a happy consumer.