[clug] Red Cross Blood Service!

Ian McCulloch ianmcc at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Sep 13 15:44:40 GMT 2004

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/hivseats.html

In a statement on their website, the Australian Red Cross calls this
warning a hoax:

"If you have received a broadcast email titled 'HIV warning', please note
that this is a hoax, and is not an official communication from the
Australian Red Cross Blood Service."

"Apparently, this e-mail has been circulating since 1998, but the location
changes as it forwarded.

"As a result of this incident, our procedures regarding the appropriate
use of e-mail will be reviewed.

"Please disregard the e-mail and accept our apologies for any
inconvenience it may have caused you. "