[clug] [Wanted] Someone to manage CLUG meetings

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 7 02:53:49 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 15:26, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:57:35 +1000 "Telek, John" <John_Telek at tesg5.com.au> wrote:

> Also, how often have you attended?  What "antics" do "Most canberrans"
> object to?

I suspect he hasn't attended much because of past arguments with group
members and his subsequent blocking from posting to the list. Note that
he used a different email this time to get around the block. But
generally doesn't post any more as a result.

I think the antics he refers to are the occasional flamewars that start
over absolutely nothing, and are perpetuated by one or two people. Such
as the one about us getting *invited* to attend Linux-related training
and somebody crying spam (to a Linux list of all places! shame, shame,
shame). Or the occasional Linux-related job posting which gets similar
treatment. Or the occasional for-sale notice which isn't properly
labelled as such and (you guessed it) cops a roasting.

Have fun,
Darren