[clug] [Wanted] Someone to manage CLUG meetings

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Sep 6 05:26:47 GMT 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:57:35 +1000 "Telek, John" <John_Telek at tesg5.com.au> wrote:

> I really don't know why you people call yourselves the Canberra Linux
> Users Group.

Because that's our group's name ... :-)

> It should be the ANU Linux users group. Most canberrans I've spoken to
> are put off going to the meetings
> At ANU for 2 primary reasons, the location and lack of access to the
> venue, and more importantly, the antics of it's regular members.

What do you mean by "lack of access"?  It is accessible to anyone, I would
imagine - it is on the ground floor (at least where we start out), anyone
is allowed on the premises, it is close to adequate parking and not overly
far from busses.  You do have to hold meetings somewhere and ANU is, at
least, fairly central.  It also doesn not cost us anything - which is a
consideration for a group whose membership fees are zero.

Also, how often have you attended?  What "antics" do "Most canberrans"
object to?

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au