[clug] X server problem update

Prometheus prometheus at netspace.net.au
Sun May 30 13:48:28 GMT 2004

You are right about the lilo.conf stuff, but from what I found on
google, it also involves re-compiling the kernel and not selecting the
framebuffer support option. I tried to apt-get kernel-package, but
strangely enough I ran into dependency problems (need perl5 package,
which I could'nt get-perhaps a faulty mirror). Anyhow, I ended up
re-installing Debian and made sure I didn't include framebuffer support
when apt-getting XFree86. It works fine now, even though it took all
day.

ange