[clug] config backups

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Tue Jun 29 05:36:51 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 03:29:13PM +1000, Kim Holburn wrote:

> On 2004 Jun 29, , at 2:22 PM, Steven Hanley wrote:
>
> >rsync to some other location, only if rsync (in verbose mode maybe)
> >copies
> >any files will it have found changes.
>
> Unfortunately, I want to do this on a number of systems, most of them
> have no hard disk, only memory, RAM and Flash.  I have enough memory to
> keep a tgz file but not an endless amount so I need to ship the backup
> out ASAP and keep one compressed copy.

The rsync can be to a remote machine, we rsync to a remote copy of stuff for
backups, and have an archive directory where changes are kept. If you dont
want to run the rsyncd on each machine with a rule allowing contact to /etc
or wherever from one machine, you can use -e ssh (so long as it doesnt
proimpt from the backup machine)

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://svana.org/sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view