[clug] Re: OT: Gmail accounts

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Mon Jun 21 23:45:03 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 08:39:14AM +1000, Jeremy Hooke wrote:
> Seems to beat any other web-based email system I've ever used. The
> conversation feature especially is great for reading groups such as
> clug, as every topic is in it's own thread.

So it has threading.

> Archiving and then searching for mail sure beats keeping it organised,
> too. It saves a lot of time.

It can search a whole mailbox fast.

> The keyboard shortcuts have slowly grown on me, and I have started to
> use them reguarly. I keep accidently pressing them on other websites
> now, such as / to go straight to the search box of the page.

It has shortcuts.

So basically it has the features that keep me using mutt. Certainly
sounds interesting. I'd be curious to see how they do it so fast over
HTTP though...

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/