[clug] case-insensitive file system

Michael James clug at james.st
Wed Jun 16 01:12:23 GMT 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:53 am, Kim Holburn wrote:
> Hi,
> For a particular use I need a case-insensitive file system.  Short of
> using samba and doing a remount, does anyone know of a way of doing
> this under linux.  Is there an ext2/3 option to do this?  is there an
> fs that can do this?

During a talk at CLUG by Tridge, somebody mentioned (could have been Tridge)
 that hacking the filesystem driver to make unix case-insensitive
 was a small exercise they set computing students.
Crib sombody's Computing 2 code off the net...

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166