[clug] Problems with Compaq setup

Prometheus prometheus at netspace.net.au
Sun Feb 22 13:38:26 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have a problem setting up a diagnostics partition on a Compaq AP400.
I deleted the partition while installing debian, which boots ok, but I
cannot access the setup software which came with the workstation (i.e.
By pressing F10 on bootup; much like pressing DEL on a PC to get the
BIOS software up. The diagnostics partition allows info to be displayed
similar to BIOS).

I tried to re-create the partition using the Setup diskettes
(http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/proworkstation/us/download/722.
html), but when I try to create a new diagnostics partition the software
tells me that I must free at least 2 mb of drive space at the beginning
of the hard drive and also have an available entry in the MBR for the
partition info.  How do I do this through linux?

ange