[clug] apt-get problem :-S

Rob Weir rweir at ertius.org
Sun Feb 15 04:15:57 GMT 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:45:15PM +1100, Nemo -earth native- said
> When I first saw this I considered it a bug - shoulnd't your package
> management program be SUPER robust? and besides, having a static memory
> size like that assumes a level of knowing the maximum possible size of
> the next debian release...

Heh, well, the problem only hits people with more than one Debian
distribution listed in their sources.list; ie telling apt about ~4 times
as many packages existed when woody released.

> (PS: make sure you have the latest apt-get - the default limit has
> probably been increased since the version you have anyways, due to
> exactly this ;)

Yeah, the limit was upped by a fair bit in the apt in sid and sarge.

--
Rob Weir <rweir at ertius.org> | mlspam at ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:  Juiliett Class Submarine covert video White House monarchist