[clug] imap headache

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sat Feb 7 10:33:12 GMT 2004

On 7 Feb 2004, at 19:23, Kim Holburn wrote:

> Put the old format files on a server that understands it or use a
> client that understands it and use an imap client to upload it to your
> new server.

Said IMAP client being, of course, a script (eg: Perl using
Mail::IMAPClient, IIRC) since you don't want to go transferring all
10,000 email messages by hand ;)

So you read from the old server and write to the new server as an IMAP
client. It would have to log in as each user in turn (made easier
because you've set everyones password on the two servers to something
like "password" while the machines are on your isolated mail-transfer
network), but it'll still be easier than doing it by hand (even with
mutt - but I"m sure a muttophile out there somewhere will correct me ;)

Regards
Alex

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for
the rest of your life." -Michael Sinz