[clug] Trouble receiving CLUG

Paul Bryan paul at pabryan.mine.nu
Fri Feb 6 10:53:22 GMT 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 06:23:18PM +1100, Darren Freeman wrote:
> It bounced. Could somebody on this list please help me?

I'll give it a shot :)

> Could you please see if it's your end? It was right in the middle of a
> conversation about the latest worm which might have blacklisted your
> site.
>
> Have fun,
> Darren Freeman

Why don't you check any black lists you or your ISP has configured to see if
they've blocked samba.org? Seems to be the logical move.

I don't know about the administrators of samba.org, but a lot of people don't
believe in black lists. The admins probably don't even know if they've been
black listed or not.

Now that I think of it, I seem to recall hearing that samba.org *was* black
listed [1] a while back - not for something they had done though. Rather, I
think it was to do with many black listing site's penchant for black listing
whole blocks of IP addresses. The theory being that if you were innocently
black listed because of someone else using the same ISP, you would switch away
from said irresponsible ISP.

Simple as that...

Maybe the samba.org admins don't care for black listing anymore?

Disclaimer: I don't represent samba.org admins in anyway, and it's pure
conjecture on my part as to their potential opinion of black listing. Just
in case I step on someone's toes ;) I'd make a really *bad* lawyer.

[1] http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-April/066155.html

Cheers,
Paul.