Streaming TransTV (was: RE: [clug] TransAct ISP)

Rohan Mitchell rohan.mitchell at linuxmail.org
Mon Feb 2 02:24:03 GMT 2004

> 	Will this stream be visible to my ISP?
No, this is coming from your set top box, and going directly to your computer. The only reason the stream would be visible to your isp is if you forward it to somewhere on the internet.

> 	Are Transact likely to block this capability once a few people start
> 		using it?
AFAIK, transact cannot block this feature without fiddling with your set top box. I think they will leave it on because it costs them nothing to do so.

> 	How do I get to the Fox channels?  :-)  (Just kidding)
No idea. ethereal is your friend tho :)

> It certainly adds an excellent feature to a Transact subscription.
Yes, it does. Now, how to break my old stb so i can get a new one.... :p

> --
> Brett

Rohan