[clug] Non Destructive partitioning?

Andrew Pollock andrew-clug at andrew.net.au
Mon Dec 6 22:54:34 GMT 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 09:28:32PM +1100, Peter Lavender wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just got a new toy and rather than reinstall windows just to
> re-partition the hdd, does anyone have a recommendation for a non
> destructive partitioning tool.  All I need to do is resize the current
> partition so I can still Linux on.
>
> Of course, given that I only want to do this the once, free would be nice.
>
> Otherwise I guess I just live with it and re-install...

Look for a rescue CD iso with qtparted on it. I've used that on multiple
occasions. I can't remember the name of the rescue CD, and I don't have it
with me, but anything with qtparted will do the trick.

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux
April 18th to 23rd   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -       LINUX