[clug] Browsers executing commands

Francis James Whittle fudje at phreaker.net
Sun Apr 4 16:12:07 GMT 2004

This is a tricky one.

Basically, what it reads like you want to do is not part of any standard
specified web protocol.  It is, on the other hand, possible with
gnomevfs (and probably kio for KDE people).  A mini webserver won't help
you, because you're talking client-side stuff.  It's certainly not
possible to do this kind of thing from mozilla or any other mainstream
web browser, excepting crappy ones like IE who can only do it by
accident with embedded metadata and the suchlike.

If you can explain in more detail what you want to do and why, it might
be possible to suggest a solution that matches our needs, or suggest an
alternative solution (more likely).

Francis

--
Francis James Whittle