[clug] Getting a SCSI driver loaded automatically

David Price david.price at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 17 16:45:12 EST 2003

Depends on what distribution you are running.  Debian has /etc/modules
which is a list of modules to be automatically loaded at boot time.

I'm not sure what would be the best way to do it with Redhat but I
seem to recall editing a file called /etc/rc.d/rc.local (I may not
have that exactly correct), and adding miscellaneous commands there.

Failing that, have you tried Google?  It seems like the kind of thing
that would be fairly commonly spoken about.  I seem to recall it being
discussed on this list before as well, so you might try the archives,
although with no easy way to search, Google is probably the better
bet.  http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/linux/

David