[clug] Overriding the BIOS' impression of a disk

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Tue Oct 28 18:12:13 EST 2003

Umm, I solved it on one our motherboards by simply not telling the BIOS
about it. Linux saw it fine and went right ahead.

If you jumper the drive to 32GB, chances are you're really limiting it on the
hardware level.

So, I'd suggest just stuffing it in, ignoring whatever the BIOS says and see
if the Linux kernel picks up the right size.

Hope this helps,

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/