[clug] OT: Hard disk search

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Thu May 15 21:09:26 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 15:33, Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:
> I think they meant that clicking on a thumbnail demonstrated that the
> defendant intended to download the image and it wasn't an accident.

I'm going to suggest that actually, in a judges mind, clicking the
thumbnail did create pornography, because it caused a new copy of the
image to be created on the hard-disk of the person clicking the link.
Some lawyer probably spent many days explaining to the judge in
intricate detail exactly how web browsing works, and being very literal
minded about such things, the judge concluded that this was making
pornography.

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   | - Australian Tour and Event Management (ATEM)