Domain registrars

Simon Fowler simon at himi.org
Wed Mar 19 16:10:38 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 09:05:31PM -0800, Alfred wrote:
> I have a .org domain comming up for renewal this year with Network
> Solutions and they are asking $35/year... The domain name is important
> to me (it hosts an open source app with a reasonably large community
> behind it) so I am pretty risk adverse, but $35/year is a bit too pricy
> for me.
>
> So, can anyone suggest a low cost, no hassles domain registrar to
> transfer to?

The best one I've found is Gandi - http://www.gandi.net

They're French, so you get the fun of having your notification
emails in both French and English, and they're quite cheap, too - 12
euros for a year, unless they've changed their rates.

Simon

--
PGP public key Id 0x144A991C, or http://himi.org/stuff/himi.asc
(crappy) Homepage: http://himi.org