Useful SMS gateway?

Karl Schaffarczyk karl at karl.net.au
Sat Jan 4 14:25:58 EST 2003

Hi CLUGgers,

I am currently fiddling with SMS functionality, and currently I have
setup an SMS gateway which can perform the following functions, and
will do so for any phone:

Phone Number: 0422998353
Command Summary so far:

PING <hostname> - will return an SMS with the first few lines of
output from the ping command.

<email address> <message> - will send an email to the specified
address, containing the message, plus some extra info.

i am interested in peoples thoughts on:
a) if they feel the current functionality is useful.
b) other useful functions, particularly ones which don't cost me
money (eg sms reply to the ping command does cost me money).
c) functions which people would be willing to pay for (approx
22c/SMS), including sending of SMSs
d) any security issues which people can think of.

feel free to use these this service, but please do not abuse it.

Regards
Karl
=8)

--

Proprietor
Inspired Networking                                 PO Box 132

Website Hosting (dedicated virtual server) from AUD$16.50/month!
Permanent connections from $60.50/month!
Dialup access from $1.10/hour or $24.95/month time unlimited!
Coverage: National local call coverage!

prices include GST.