testing a signed message..

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Fri Feb 28 08:14:09 EST 2003

Michael James (michael at james.st) wrote:
> Maybe I should, but even then your attachment "untitled.7",
>  would have to be dealt with outside the email.

Out of curiosity, what the heck are you on about?

Rob's mail consisted of two parts, a text/plain and an
application/pgp-signature.

Where you get this "untitled.7" thing from, I really have no idea.
Sounds like your MUA is extremely broken, or at least misconfigured.
(particularly with it spewing lots of files across your desktop as you
described).

> It would be more convenient if it was attached
>  to the email in a signature, it's not that much text.

Inline PGP was the way before MIME became standardised.  It poses a few
problems easily rectified using MIME, hence why the proposed standard is
using MIME instead.  That being said, a friend who also used a Mac also
enjoyed complaining loud and strong about his broken MUA being unable to
properly handle PGP/MIME attachments.  Perhaps that platform just needs
a decent MUA written for it?

Anyone feel like a McMutt for breakfast?  ;)

--
Matt