Attack Against Port 6881?

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Wed Feb 5 06:50:41 EST 2003

On 5 Feb 2003, Ben Elliston wrote:

>   Alex> Now to find out whether Telstra will acknowledge the fact that
>   Alex> I didn't want that traffic (I have lots and lots of logs
>
> Good luck.  I suspect the terms of your service contract will ensure
> you'll be paying the bill in full.

Yep, you will.  I got DDoS'd, but had to pay.  I did tell Telstra about it
and they did offer to block the traffic, but I had to continue to accept
the traffic as some of it was legit.

If you had checked your logs and got T to block the traffic then you
wouldn't have to pay.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>