[clug] help needed - Officejet 7110 printing problem under RH7.2

David Price david.price at anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 24 00:16:16 GMT 2003

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 04:41:14PM -0500, Dick Olson wrote:
> I need some help with my officejet HP 7110 so I tried looking it up on the
> internet and your problem came up.
> My problem is that when I try to scan I get an error message that says:
> "Scanner not found".
>
> Do you have any suggestions? Or
>
> How can I get a message posted like you did?
>
> I am not very literate with these things so I need step by step instructions
> from someone.

I haven't used that printer, but I can suggest linuxprinting.org as a
resource for finding out about printers under Linux.  Your printer is
listed at:

http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-OfficeJet_7110

That page suggests which programs to use with the printer, and also
talks about software for the scanner.  It's not step-by-step
instructions I'm afraid, but if you follow the links from that page
you should hopefully find instructions for each piece of software.

If after reading everything and following instructions you still can't
get it to work, there is also a link to an HP user forum where someone
might be able to help you out.

Good luck,
David