[clug] FS: Some potentially semi-useful computers

Dale Shaw DShaw at exceed.com.au
Mon Dec 1 06:44:39 GMT 2003

All,

Short and sweet. I have some complete computers that don't serve me any
more. I took them to work and they are just taking up space. I love
them, but I can't see myself using them again any time soon. Details are
below. Make an offer on one or all.

Make a realistic offer -- I realise sentimental value and actual value
are different.
I won't separate -- If I could be bothered doing that, I would strip
them all down and add the parts to my equally ageing spares supply.

Everything except the monitors is with me in Phillip. Preference will be
given to someone who wants to take the lot. Make it easy for me - easier
than me doing nothing and them staying here.

All have been dedicated and loyal Linux, *BSD and Windoze boxes at
times. There's even been some Solaris, BeOS and NeXTSTEP for Intel
installs on these babies ('megatron' I think -- Solaris x86 2.5 is why I
bought the P200MMX and the 2GB UW SCSI disk - oh the financial pain).

cheers,
Dale

"megatron"

AOpen AP53 Motherboard
Intel Pentium 200MHz MMX CPU
256MB RAM (4x64MB SIMMs) <- useful
Diamond Stealth III S500 32MB PCI Graphics Card
3com 3c905 PCI Network Card
Adaptec AHA-2940UW PCI SCSI Controller
NCR/SymBIOS 53c810 PCI SCSI Controller
Acer 10x8x32 IDE CD/RW Drive (reads OK, won't write)
1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
Full Tower AT Case - 6 x 5 1/4" bays, 250W Power Supply
IBM 2.25GB UW SCSI Hard Disk
IBM 4.1GB UW SCSI Hard Disk

"boris"

Acer TX531 Motherboard
Cyrix PR-233MX CPU
256MB RAM
AOpen PCI Graphics Card (2MB? 4MB? 8MB?)
3com 3c905 PCI Network Card
3com 3c509 ISA Network Card
Tekram DC310 (53c810) PCI SCSI Controller
Plextor 8PleX 8X SCSI CD-ROM Drive
1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
Creative Labs SoundBlaster 16 PnP ISA
AOpen BG45 AT Case (vertical or horizontal mount)
IBM 6.4GB IDE Hard Disk

"starscream"

AOpen AP53 Motherboard
Intel Pentium 133MHz CPU
128MB RAM (4x32MB EDO SIMMs)
Matrox Millennium 2MB PCI Graphics Card
2 x 3com 3c905 PCI Network Cards
2 x Matsushita 2X SCSI CD-ROM Drives (not connected)
1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
Seagate ST5850A 850MB IDE Hard Disk

"monitors"

Labtam CM1564 14" Monitor
Samsung 17GLi 17" Monitor (semi-regularly goes pink, prob needs fixing)