[clug] Greetings from linux-2.6.0-test3

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 21 12:20:57 EST 2003

My system is partially hosed right now, BTW.

I seem to have trashed my KDE config in a recent bout of uncontrolled
upgrading ;)

So it doesn't start kde it just gives me a shell. But I will fix it
shortly, even if that means going to a shell and yanking kde and
installing it from the CD, it's going to be fixed sometime soon.

I can still do work as I have X and KDE running, it's just a pain having
no way to fix the config. I think the package matching this version of
KDE isn't on the server yet so I can't fix the config. Maybe I'll just
wait it out until a workable version shows up.

The reason you should be careful when upgrading your kernel graphically
is that it recursively upgrades so many packages that the graphical tool
fails at some point (removes something it needs).

But other than whatever I did to get it like this, it was fine
yesterday.

Darren