[clug] ADSL Routers

Burn Alting burn at goldweb.com.au
Thu Apr 24 22:02:50 EST 2003

Mark,

Given I started this thread ... I ended up with an external ADSL
Ethernet modem - price decided me in the end - $150.00 for a Conexant
based chipset - the Netcomm NB1300. Also, they recently released
firmware - 15 Apr 2003! So it's actively supported.

The Dynalink ADSL cards/modems are based on the Ipex chipset. The Linux
support Dynalink refers to is at 2.4.2! I have seen a goggle reference
to 2.4.16 but not much else.

The Pulsar PCI ADSL card does have up-to-date support - see
traverse.com.au - in fact you can send your Linux kernel config files to
their site and they will spin you a pulsar.o and e-mail it to you - it
appears to be fully supported!

All I need now is for Telstra to move my line (to a DSLAM I suppose) and
then it's a'dsling I go!

Regards
Burn