ccache

Simon Burton simonb at webone.com.au
Wed Sep 11 08:11:00 EST 2002

does it already: no.
is it possible: hmmm, not without dramaticaly changing how ccache works:
ccache is not integrated with gcc at all, and doesn't understand c syntax
in any way. it treats gcc like a black box and just looks at sameness
(via hashing) of preprocessed c files. simple idea, really.

i had a think about extending it to other programs besides gcc,
maybe living inbetween said program and system calls,
hashing files read (etc.) and stepping in when program has already done it.

Your idea is different, and seems to cut into gcc and/or syntax in
difficult ways.

\bye
simon burton