is linux the answer?

gcokeefe at postoffice.utas.edu.au gcokeefe at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Tue Sep 10 09:07:23 EST 2002

On Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:18:02 +1000 Norvan Vogt wrote:

> 2. Redhat 7.1 (seawolf) with KDE takes around the 700mb space which makes
> it too large for the HDDs that I am using

As others have said, forget KDE on these machines. I'd suggest icewm as a
nice lite window manager that behaves in a recognisable way for 'nix newbies.

It is also much easier to squeeze debian into a small space than redhat,
though if you lose KDE, you might still fit it in 500M.

> 5. What is a good IRC client of linux?

xchat is probably the one to use as it has a nice looking simple gui.