Linux gaining acceptance in Canberra

Jeremy jepri at webone.com.au
Tue Oct 15 11:29:40 EST 2002

>Get real, there are egos involved here.  NOIE are essentially government
>suits, they only like to talk to other suits.  They may be prepared to
>talk with acknowledged Linux experts from ANU, but the rest of the list -
>I think not.

Well thanks a lot.  I always thought I looked good in a suit.

There seems to be interest in advocacy on the list.  It seems that we can't/shouldn't
do it as part of the CLUG, but nothing stops a few people creating the Canberra
Linux Advocacy Group for those moments when we want to send letters saying "Have
you hugged a penguin today?"