RedHat 7.3 CD's

Daniel McNamara daniel at codefish.net.au
Sun Oct 6 17:33:12 EST 2002

That's really odd...

I have two sets of RH 7.3 CD's. One is the Red Hat pack you find in the
newsagents (ie the *actual* Red Hat one. Not the dodgy other one people
have been alluding to) and the other was purchased from
EverythingLinux.com.au

Neither of these has given me any problems on a straight install. So far
using these disks I've installed on at least 20 odd machines including
one install off a parrellel port CD drive and a number off a variety of
SCSI CD drives. Then again I may have just been lucky. Perhaps there's a
common ISO floating about that does indeed have a corrupt file on it
somewhere?

Anyway just though I'd throw in my two cents

Cheers

Daniel

Paul Bryan wrote:
| A few people have pointed out problems with the RedHat 7.3 CD's on
this list.
| Most of the problems have been attributed to dodgy CD's off magazines. I
| thought I'd just add some experiences I've (and some others I know)
had with