Quick debian question

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Fri Mar 15 09:56:28 EST 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 06:47:32PM +1100, rob shugg wrote:
> I'm just setting up debian for the first time after using RH and
> mandrake. So for I am very impressed at the way it is organised.
>
> I want to tweek the setup now that it is running and I would like to use
> the dbootstrap config program rather that delving into the config files
> right away. How do i get going from the root prompt?

you mean you wish to change some configuration you set while installing with
the same interface?

Generally it is not available.

You can change the configuration of various packages and such that were
installed as part of base during install with dpkg-reconfigure packagename,
the package base-config is one such early installed file you can do that with.

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view