TransACT 5 months in...

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 12 14:52:52 EST 2002

I would like to believe that they would not try and hobble the "free
peer-peer"
service that they have specifically promoted from day 1, but I am not as
confident as you that this is the case.

Given some of the other "products" that TransACT are now trying to sell to
organisations, I could say that it would not be in their interests to have
too many people using a "free peer-peer" service if they can co-erce them
into buying the expensive products.

Remember, it is not "broadband" that they are proposing to hobble, just the
"free peer-peer" offering, if and when it ever eventuates.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.