Upgrading my monitor - comments sought

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Tue Aug 20 10:51:13 EST 2002

Neil Pickford wrote:

> As a calibration factor on price for you, second hand good quality
> working 17" NEC, Dell and HP monitors are selling at Hymans auctions
> (Mon & Thurs) for $80-120.

> 15" $50-60
> 14" $30-50

The monthly Pickles auctions are even better. Just remember that there's
enough for everyone and there's no point engaging in bidding wars. The
computer markets aren't too bad either, they buy in bulk and there's an over
supply so I have noticed some reasonable prices considering that (unlike an
auction[1]) you can take things back if they don't work.

Antti
[1] Yes, Hymans will sell you a warranty, but their prices are usually closer to
retail anyway.