mozilla port problem

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 19 17:15:51 EST 2002

2 mozilla problems:

1) I am running SuSE 8.0, trying to use mozilla in the way I used to use netscape:
mozilla http://localhost:631  doesn't work with "connection refused".
while
mozilla http://127.0.0.1:631  works OK?
/etc/hosts contains the line:
127.0.0.1       localhost
Other sites work fine.  Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

2) I have a server running on port 1080 but when I try mozilla http://fred:1080 (fred is not the real domain name of the machine but the port number is correct) I get this message:
  "Access to the port number given has been disabled for security reasons."

What is the problem?  netscape 4+ works fine.  Is there any way of fixing this?

Kim

Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)