Anti-unix campaign runs into some difficulties

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Fri Apr 5 21:55:18 EST 2002

On Friday, April 5, 2002, at 06:59 , Damien Elmes wrote:

> More information is available here:
> http://news.com.com/2100-1001-874132.html

And here:

http://www.wehavethewayin.com/

(to get the joke, first read the Microsoft/Unisys site:
http://www.wehavethewayout.com)

The Microsoft Unisys way:
  - Set up a web site that doesn't serve web pages
  - Bag out the competition in a site that runs on the competitions'
software

The Everyone Else way:
  - Stick to the facts
  - Have a bit of a joke at Microsoft's expense

Oh... my war story for today?  One of the guys came over and asked about
moving my Windows 2000/Apache test server to the external network so
they can serve .NET applications over the Internet.  I just looked at
him and said, "You are asking me to let you make a Windows server
visible from the Internet, expressly for the purpose of exposing
Microsoft's most vulnerable piece of server software?"

He nodded agreement and hid back in his cubicle.

Alex