XFree86 4.1.0, Radeon VE unresolved symbols

Mark Hummel mhummel at pcug.org.au
Sun Sep 16 23:28:35 EST 2001

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Patrick Cole wrote:

> Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 12:46:22AM +1000, Mark Hummel wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any suggestions about how to resolve this problem?
>
> I've attached my XF86Config-4 from my machine at work which has a Radeon
> VE. This problem may be the least of your worries though. Notice I'm
> using the noaccel option, this is because there are problems with the
> Radeon VE currently such that if you run it in accelereated mode under
> certain hardware (namely AMD 760/761 chipsets) it locks the machine
> up solid.  See how you go though.
>
> --
> Patrick Cole - Debian Developer <ltd at debian.org>
>              - John Curtin, ANU <Patrick.Cole at anu.edu.au>
>              - Linux.com Helper <z at linux.com>
>              - PGP 1024R/60D74C7D C8E0BC7969BE7899AA0FEB16F84BFE5A

Thanks very much Patrick,

I was able to make progress with this. Unfortunately, I seem to have run
into the "monitor switching" problem, where the card switches the signal
to the other outputs. I can't verify this however, since I don't have any
adapters. It seems to be a bug with the drive, although I can't confirm
this either, since I can't seem to find a list of xfree86 bugs for version
4.1.0.

Mark.