asp, squid proxy error

Stephen Granger linux-boy at acenet.com.au
Tue Sep 11 17:24:53 EST 2001

Hi all,

this maybe off topic, sorry if I offend any true to the line, never stray, complete linux users. :-P

I'm having trouble viewing a webpage through a number of browsers, EI 5.5/win32, mozilla 9.3, Netscape 6.1/win32, Netscape 4.77/win32 . When I try and view a website, www.screentechnics.com.au , specifically, www.screentechnics.com.au/commercial/side.asp , follow the commercial screens link from the intial page, I receive an error, Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers '80040e37'  .
This only happens when I direct my web browsers to use a proxy server to pass http and ftp content through. This proxy server is running SQUID 2.4STABLE1.
Know that when I remove the proxy setting from the browser, the page is able to show itself, no errors are reported.

I've checked google, gives the microsoft tech solution... not what I need, typical microsoft help/solution... never really answers the question. (don't need to respond to this comment... :)

Now I use adzapper, a squid redirect program with squid, I'm pretty sure this doesn't have any affect on viewing the page.

There is a cookie sent, in the intial instant, something which I picked up on with lynx...

www.squid-cache.org search has something in the FAQ about secure asp sites... this site is not a secure site. Searching again gives nothing for the above error, asp error, or the error code alone.

As you can probably guess, I've exausted most of my possibilities, and was hoping that some one might be able to suggest some other things.

Steve