NV binary drivers (still is Help PLZ)

jeremy at itassist.net.au jeremy at itassist.net.au
Sat Sep 1 10:55:00 EST 2001

> This looks like a good point at which to break into the thread -
> although my problem is with sound and not with video.
>
> It is a very minor problem.  Everything works, but my `messages' log is
> littered with complaints about IRQ conflicts and non-found modules.  An
> extract is attached.
>
> Also, my newly-installed NVidia driver seems to work OK, despite the fact
> that I have not scored any relevant entry in my modules.conf file.
>
> Is there any better advice than `If it ain't broke, don't fix it'?

Your problem is that something keeps making calls to non-existent
devices.  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that some program you
are running is attempting to access multple sound devices and you don't
have them.  If you're running devfs then the driver load will be
happening automatically, and failing (which is proper).

If this is the case, not only is it not broken, it's working correctly.

--
I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,