MS only e-government

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Thu Nov 29 17:42:09 EST 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 04:50:25PM +1100, Chris Wallis wrote:
> That means if a private company doesn't support wwc standards that can or
> cant be sued by law??

Unlikely. The wwc standards are not law, thus they cannot be enforced by
law. The same way the PCI standard is not a law and you can't be prosecuted
if you don't follow it.

It would be mighty interesting if the government passed a law stating all
webpages must be HTML 2 (or 3 or 4) complient. Then you could actually force
companies to fix their websites.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/