What should we do with a drunken salesman?

Sean Neakums sneakums at zork.net
Fri Aug 24 01:40:39 EST 2001

begin  jeremy  quotation:

> On 23 Aug, Peter Enseleit wrote:
>>
>> I like Red Hat, but I'd like to know why so many people like Debian
>> so much!  What am I missing out on? Inform me and I might convert!
>
> If you're serious, it's APT.

The primary reason APT works so well is because the Debs are built in
rigid accordance (modulo human error/bugs in Lintian) to the Debian
Policy.  It was reading the Debian Policy that convinced me to switch,
not APT itself.

The Debian Policy is available at:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/

--
 /////////////////  |                  | The spark of a pin
<sneakums at zork.net> |  (require 'gnu)  | dropping, falling feather-like.