[linux-cifs-client] Bug when unmounting share (shrink_dcache_for_umount)

Eike Hein sho at eikehein.com
Mon May 3 19:39:02 MDT 2010

On 05/04/2010 03:23 AM, Eike Hein wrote:
> Another observation: If the bug has ever been triggered
> during a system run, shutdown will fail, either with the
> "Unmounting CIFS filesystems" stage getting stuck or
> mount throwing an error 22 (invalid argument). E.g. if I
> do:
>
> 1. mount without noserverino
> 2. mplayer thing
> 3. unmount
> 4. bug
> 5. remount with noserverino
> 6. mplayer
> 7. umount or leave mounted, no difference
> 8. shutdown
> 9. stuck or error 22

Actually, to be more specific:

1. boot with auto-mount, without noserverino
2. mplayer test
3. umount
4. bug
5. modify fstab, remount
6. mplayer test
7. leave mounted, run "reboot"
8. gets stuck with "Unmounting CIFS file systems: /mnt/ehs1 is not mounted"

1. boot with auto-mount, without noserverino
2. mplayer test
3. umount
4. bug
5. modify fstab, remount
6. mplayer test
7. umount
8. run "reboot"
9. gets past "Unmounting CIFS filesystems", but then doesn't
   reach power down after throwing mount error 22 (invalid
   argument). It just halts at "Restarting system now ...".

But anyway,  I guess those are the weird consequences of the
earlier server bug.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein