[linux-cifs-client] Re: add parsing to cifs mount option for mounting to shares which support transport encryption

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Sat May 17 01:42:37 GMT 2008

Attached is a patch which adds various options to cifs_show_options
(displayed when you cat /proc/mounts with a cifs mount).  I limited
the new ones to values that are associated with the mount with the
exception of "seal" (which is a per tree connection property, but I
thought was important enough to show through).

Eventually (as you suggested) cifs's parse_mount_options also needs to
be rewritten to use the match_token API but that would be a big enough
change that I would prefer that changing parse_mount_options wait
until 2.6.27

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Miklos Szeredi <miklos at szeredi.hu> wrote:
>> Samba now supports transport encryption on particular shares (exports)
>> - so cifs mount needs to be able to specify whether to do transport
>> encryption when mounting to such shares.  This patch adds the parsing
>> for the mount option
>
> Please also add it to cifs_show_options().
>
> BTW, cifs is the last filesystem in mainline which is missing a lot of
> mount options from its show_options() method.
>
> cifs_parse_mount_options() is also ripe for some cleanups: it's a >500
> line function and hacks like the "sep=" option should really be
> exterminated.  There are _much_ better ways to escape the separator
> charater than to completely replace it.  Like surrounding it with
> quotes or prefixing with a backslash.
>
> Miklos

Steve