[linux-cifs-client] Re: POSIX Unlink and Query Unix File Info2

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 9 22:33:05 GMT 2007

James Peach wrote:
> On 09/03/2007, at 1:47 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 03:44:47PM -0600, Steve French wrote:
>>> If server supports CIFS_UNIX_POSIX_PATHNAMES_CAP then
>>> SMB_POSIX_PATH_UNLINK MUST be available? or SHOULD be available?
>>
>> Must.
What if server can support mode on POSIX Create/Mkdir (as perhaps
MacOS??) but can not support posix unlink semantics (as perhaps dual
Windows/MacOS partition??).   Is this reason to make it a SHOULD for the
unlink but must forposix-open-create-mkdir?

In any case I have updated the wiki - the only one I could not address
was "POSIX_PERMISSION" level 0x207 (which IIRC is not prototyped yet).