[linux-cifs-client] POSIX Unlink and Query Unix File Info2

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 9 21:44:47 GMT 2007

If server supports CIFS_UNIX_POSIX_PATHNAMES_CAP then
SMB_POSIX_PATH_UNLINK MUST be available? or SHOULD be available?

I saw a comment in your code indicating that this did an oplock break
and is path only (not SetFileInfo).   Does this mean that if we have the
file open on the client - there is a handle based way to get posix
semantics on delete of a file ... seems like we must if the path based
one should break oplock

If server supports CIFS_UNIX_POSIX_PATHNAMES_CAP then
SMB_QUERY_FILE_UNIX_INFO2 MUST be available? or SHOULD be available?