[linux-cifs-client] IPv6 support in various Linux distros

Prasad, Rahul B (STSD) rahul.prasad at hp.com
Thu Aug 30 05:38:52 GMT 2007

Hi All,

I need information on whether IPv6 is supported on Samba for the
following distros:

Redhat Enterprise Edition Linux 4 (base version) (Samba 3.0.10-1.4E.9)

Redhat Enterprise Edition Linux 5 (base version) (Samba 3.0.23c-2)

SuSE Enterprise Linux Server 9 (base version)  (Samba 3.0.20b-3.4)

SuSE Enterprise Linux Server 10 (base version) (Samba 3.0.22-13.16)

I am mailing this after searching through the Samba archives, Red Hat
docs, to no avail.  I would be glad if you could help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul Prasad B
Hewlett Packard
Bangalore

"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the
necessary may speak." - Hans Hoffman