[linux-cifs-client] Timeout waaay too long

studdugie studdugie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:48:03 GMT 2006

I wholeheartedly agree! CIFS inability to gracefully handle network
failure is rediculous! As Daniel suggests, at a minium, one should be
able to unmount a failed share. I'm forced to periodically restart, an
otherwise stable Linux box, just because of this issue.

I've complained about it before but I think it has fallen on deaf
ears. If I had the resources to fix it myself I would but I don't so I
can't.

Dane