[linux-cifs-client] CIFS: mounting public/guest shares impossible? error: SessSetup = -13

JG jg at cms.ac
Mon Feb 20 20:37:37 GMT 2006

hi,

> share level security support for cifs (for security reasons ntlm only
> not lanman, but that works for Samba) was
> added in the midst of cifs 1.40 which is in mainline linux kernel now.

i was confused because "man smb.conf" states that the "admin user"
option shouldn't work at all but it did.

i've updated my kernel and used this CIFS version (and applied the
first patch, the other one was already in the package):

http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20060130.031308.28d3e105.en.html
i dunno if you got an answer back in january, but it works (applies
and so far no other problems) with kernel 2.6.15.4!

i've changed the samba settings back to "security = share" and mounting
with cifs works!

thanks very much!

JG